Translate

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Thinking of a glass of Wine



The day I get the worst news that I wanted to hear was having a good day and get a call from my daughter’s school saying that she has been throwing up. So I had to go get her from school came home and she would not quite throwing up. I put her down for a nap and tried to get a few things done around the house before she got back up. I hop on the computer and check my e-mail because I have been waiting all week to hear back on weather I got the job at OHSU and whether or not that they want me for my externship as well. It was around 5:30 pm that night Alana is still sick I get her feed and bathed and gave her medicine to help her through the night. Got her in bed around 6:30 pm and check me email I got the email I have been waiting for all week and open it and see this


“I am unable to move forward in the pursuance of Ms. Smith for our open positions or externship. We appreciate and value your and Ms. Smith’s time and consideration for a position here. We wish her continued success in whatsoever endeavor she may elect to engage.”

I was crushed and very upset at this point the job I wanted the most and I get shut down. I had my hopes up so high and was so happy that I would get to work with Rob as well at OHSU but now I don’t get to. Now to start the hunt for a externship and get one by the 20th of March there is a big list of places that I can go so I will have to look over that and see what I can find. The lady at school that deals with externships and job said that there is a opening at New Seasons in their Central Kitchen doing the same thing that I would have been doing at OHSU so I am going to look more into that and see what I can do. I am going to keep a open mind into finding the place for my externship as long as a possible permanent job after my externship.

Saturday Morning after getting the bad news the night before I woke up in a sour mood everyone was asking me what was wrong so I told Rob and he was upset as well. Alana comes over to me and gives me a hug in that processes she throws up on me. I got mad since I was already in a bad mood to begin with. 

I got up and headed to the bath room and put Alana into the bath tub and gave her a bath before I took care of myself. After I was done with her I get her dressed and went in and took a shower to get the vomit off of me and start a load a laundry to get everything washed so it dose not sit around. So the rest of the day she got to watch movies and lay around and rest of the day. It was dinner time got the family feed I made a turkey meatloaf it turned out pretty good with a mushroom cream sauce and a salad to go along with it. That night I started feeling icky myself got have way through the night and I get up and start vomiting feeling like death I went back to bed. I got up in the morning still feeling icky and not being able to keep anything down I eat I go all day feeling like that around dinner I promised Rob and Alana that I would make them Eggplant Parmesan. So I made it had some but very little ten minuets later it came right back up so I cleaned the kitchen up from dinner and went to bed. 


The next day I went to class but didn't feel good at all still vomiting and on top of that had a horrible headache. ended up having a meeting with our externship lady about a new place and it looks hopeful I know it would be fun. Thursday I have a interview for an externship at New Seasons Central Kitchen I have a gut feeling it is going to go very well.




Well good luck to me and the future new and up coming chefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment